Let's Begin Your Rental Search...
Congratulations on starting your rental search! We want to make sure that you are prepared to sign an offer when you find the unit that is perfect for you. To do this, you will want to get working on the few items that are outlined below.
1. Rental Application: Print A Copy of the Document Below. Don't worry about the top 3 lines of the application but rather, start at "1. Name" and we'll fill in the rest once we find you a place you love.
2. Credit Check & Score: If you don't have a recent copy of your credit report already, please log on to a site like Equifax and go through the process of getting one. Please be sure to get your credit report AS WELL AS your credit score as both are important. If there will be anyone else on the application with you, please do this for each applicant. The approximate cost of a credit report & score is $28 (incl HST). Click Here To Go Directly To the Equifax Site.
3. Letter of Employment: Please obtain a letter from your employer stating your employment status and current salary/wage for yourself and anyone else who will be on the lease.
4. References: On the rental application it asks for personal references and it is important that you have someone who can talk about what a great tenant you will be. If you have a good relationship with your current landlord, it is beneficial to use them as a personal reference.
5. Rental Deposit: First and Last months rent is typically payable by Certified Cheque or Bank Draft when a lease is signed. If you use a bank that doesn’t have branches or where moving money between accounts takes a day or so, ensure you have easy access to those funds ASAP to make the process much smoother.
Of course if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call.